Monday, May 12, 2008

LIKE!


Library for the Birds of Antwerp 1993

MARK DION

Library for the Birds of Massachusetts 2005
Steel, maple tree, plywoood, books, and mixed media 20 x 18 x 20 feet

COSIMA VON BONIN
"installationsannicht"

RYAN BURGHARD
Specifically I became interested in the role of masculinity in contemporary society through ritual, gender relations, authority, and fraternal orders. I wanted to investigate current social demands for a male re-evaluation of constructed identities and the resulting impact it has on 'masculine' sensibilities.

ROB MCHAFFIE
Woody and Soon-yi 2006
Oil on linen 2 panels, each 28 x 27 cm



KOJI RYUI
Milk tree society – techno homo (white) 2005
foam, plastic, paper, glue, rubber
I like to use a wide range of mainly unexpected, cheap, toxic or recycled materials. I like toxicity juxtaposed against charming appearances. Artificial materials that form organic-like structures allow me to introduce some form of narrative into the work. It reminds me of artificial intelligence.

No comments: